Law Firm Mergers & Acquisitions – No Sale, No Fee
Jonathan Fagan (www.jonathanfagan.co.uk) is our specialist service for the sale and purchase of law firms (and accountancy practices) including solicitors’ firms, licensed conveyancers’ practices, legal start-ups and internet law companies, usually within a range of £10k through to £5 million. We also buy and sell accountancy practices.
How do we differ from other business brokers? We don’t charge the seller any fees.
- List of Law Firms for Sale
- List of Buyers
- Advertise your Firm for Sale
- Register as a Buyer
- Free Guide to Selling a Solicitors’ Firm
- Selling a Law Firm – Information to Collate
Our Unique Approach
We offer a unique approach to buying, selling and merging law firms. We charge no upfront fees for making introductions for the sale, purchase or merger of a law firm. The buying party contracts with us to pay a success fee if a deal occurs. The seller pays no fees at all. We are business brokers (as well as recruitment consultants) and have been working with law firms on sales, acquisitions and mergers for a number of years.
There are very few professional services available to assist solicitors in buying, selling and merging law firms at a reasonable rate and on a no-sale no-fee basis. One professional law firm consultant charges £2,500 + VAT simply to consider your sale or merger before even progressing to advertising it – and then charges a percentage fee on top if successful. Others charge £500 to include your law firm in an online list. We think this is unnecessary – you don’t pay an estate agent to sell your house before he/she has found you any buyers.. why pay a business broker?
- Sale of small £150k turnover law firm in Cardiff.
- Sale of £2 million turnover solicitors’ firm in the Thames Valley.
- Sale of a Limited Company law firm in South East England.
- Sale of a Sole Practitioner’s firm in Berkshire.
- Sale of an ABS law firm in London.
- Sale of a specialist law firm in Shropshire.
- Sale of a High Street firm in South Wales.
- Sale of a small High Street Solicitors’ firm in Leicester.
- Sale of a Sole Practitioner High Street Solicitors’ firm in North Lincolnshire.
- Sale of a small High Street Solicitors’ firm in Stoke on Trent.
- Sale and Transfer of Staff in a Personal Injury Practice in Manchester.
Valuations – Call in Confidence
We are always happy to have a conversation about the value of your firm based on previous deals and experience of offers made. Specific valuations are usually best left to your accountants but usually it is a fairly straightforward process – turnover, net profit, number and type of ongoing files and value of assets including will banks.
How much you sell the practice for could be completely different of course. The price anyone else will pay varies widely according to the practice in question.. – the location, the assets, the types of law covered, the number of staff etc.. We can provide guidance as required.
Drop us an email – what have you got to lose? Or call 0800 246 5016 for a confidential discussion with Jonathan Fagan, MD Ten-Percent Legal Recruitment.
NB: if you want to make an anonymous enquiry to begin with simply email us from a gmail or hotmail account (or similar).
Sales Procedure – a Rough Outline
A very rough outline of the procedure is as follows:
- All parties sign confidentiality undertakings.
- We agree terms with the buyer.
- The buyer is provided with information about the practice for sale.
- The parties meet or speak about plans and proposals. Proposals can be as varied as the partners of the selling firm joining the buyer’s practice or the selling partners accepting a lump sum in cash to exit the business.
- A deal is reached. The buyer pays us an introduction fee – this varies according to the sale/purchase in question. The seller pays no fee.
Who We Are
TP Recruitment Limited
27 Old Gloucester Street
T: 0800 246 5016
TP Recruitment Limited
TP Recruitment Limited, registered in England and Wales, reg. no. 10750269. Registered under the Data Protection Act. Part of the Ten Percent Group of websites: www.tenpercentgroup.com