A large litigation funding company situated in central London are seeking to recruit a solicitor or barrister from a city background to join their London team and continue to strengthen and grow their legal and business development capacity.
At the company the senior lawyers take responsibility for the delivery and execution of business development, case review and case monitoring. With a brief to win new investment opportunities, the role requires a history of outstanding relationship-building skills within the legal and commercial sector, along with a strong commercial and business understanding.
Work will involve
• Business generation from new and existing connections and industry referrers.
• Review of high value and complex litigation cases.
• Providing recommendations to the investment committee as a key part of the decision whether or not to fund a case.
• Case pipeline management and commercial negotiations with clients and lawyers.
• Liaising with internal and external counsel on the company’s underwriting and case selection process.
• Working closely with the in-house marketing/creative director to identify and pursue key targets as well as to further develop and implement the firm’s brand.
• Driving both industry news and case-related PR activity, as well as thought leadership market commentary opportunities.
The successful candidate will be from a significant London litigation practice with an excellent network of commercial and professional connections within the sector. This is likely to be suitable for a solicitor who wants to do something different – ie someone looking for an alternative to the standard city law firm career structure but wants to remain in the legal profession.
This is an innovative, dynamic and entrepreneurial business, where you will have the autonomy to shape and drive the business forward. You are likely to be at senior associate or counsel level, although partner level appointments will also be considered. This is a rare opportunity to get a level of financial reward that not only competes with Magic Circle law firm levels, but also gives you the chance to earn a significant bonus based on cases you work on with the company.
Contact: Jonathan Fagan – firstname.lastname@example.org. Posted 18th April 2017.