We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Residential Conveyancing assistant to join a hugely ambitious growing firm in the City of London. This is a permanent post on a part time job share basis, working 3 days per week (Mon, Wed, Fri).
The successful candidate will primarily assist with the procedural aspects of residential conveyancing, in particular from the point of exchange of contracts to completion and beyond. Some examples of this type of work are as follows but this list is not exhaustive:
* Dealing with enquiries from solicitors, estate agents, mortgage lenders and clients, including but not limited to the provision of regular updates;
* Opening files, meeting clients, obtaining and checking client identification using CallML, and checking proof of funds such as bank statements;
* Use of SearchFlow for searches and Land Registry documentation, and HM Revenue and Customs systems for SDLT1 processing;
* Dealing with exchange of contracts in the event that a fee earner is not available;
* Assisting with pre-completion matters including drafting of transfers, billing, completion statements, pre-completion searches and Certificates of Title, Requisitions on Title, preparation of deeds and file closure; and
* Dealing with post completion matters including notices to landlords, registration and Stamp Duty Land Tax returns (SDLT1).
Experience of these areas is essential. However, you will receive full support and training in order that you may undertake these tasks effectively. CQS experience is beneficial.
You should also have extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office products, in particular Outlook, Excel and Word.
In order for the firm to practise electronically where possible, you will also be expected to undertake the scanning and uploading of documents.
You might also be required to prepare letters and faxes and some typing will be required, e.g. standard letters such as client care, etc.
You will also be asked to assist with banking, post and Document Exchange, all of which will be shared with other members of staff.
Applications are welcomed from candidates who share their vision of excellent service. Vacancy 15419.