A new vacancy has arisen with a small to medium sized established high street practice based in the Kingston upon Thames area who are looking to recruit a residential conveyancing solicitor. They will be looking to do this at one of two levels – either at 5 years PQE and upwards or 3 years PQE and upwards.
The specification for the 5 year PQE and upwards role is as follows:
- Definite partnership prospects for the right applicant.
- A minimum of 5-6 years’ solid residential conveyancing PQE required.
- A working knowledge of commercial property law would be a bonus but the role will be concentrating on the residential side.
- The firm are looking for someone from a private practice background (ie not local authority departments). The firm are not volume conveyancers and do not seek someone coming from that environment.
- The hours are full time. This is a very busy department and there may be extra work after normal office hours from time to time.
- They want the applicant to demonstrate a commitment to the role and the firm in order to be considered for partnership in due course.
- The firm do not generally allow working from home.
- Ideally they are looking for a solicitor with a proven work record, who is prepared to work hard to make the role their own and work towards an equity partnership.
- An offer of Partnership is anticipated in about 2-3 years’ time after joining.
At a level of 5-6 years PQE+ the salary levels are going to be £50,000-£60,000 per annum.
As an alternative the firm will consider a residential conveyancing solicitor with 3yrs+ experience, who is competent and can handle a full caseload without supervision. Salary levels would be £40,000 at this level.
If you are interested please let me know. If you know anyone who may be interested in this role please feel free to send them the vacancy.
Consultant dealing: Jonathan Fagan
Date posted: 14th April 2017