“So far so good at [the new firm]! They have been easing me in gently this past week….. everyone seems really friendly, and they are making efforts to ensure that I’m ok, so yes, I’m very pleased! Thank you very much for all your help, I will certainly be returning to you for any future recruitment requirements!”
Why use a Recruitment Agency?
You may not realise, but due to the costs of advertising, whether it be in the Law Society Gazette or The Lawyer, firms do not always advertise their vacancies. Furthermore, a large number of firms are always on the lookout for interesting new candidates, regardless of their present vacancies. Some firms are so used to employing the services of recruitment consultants that they no longer bother telling anybody when they have a vacancy.
Who can you help?
Regardless of your field (or fields) of law, or location, if you are looking for work in the UK as a solicitor, fee earner or legal support staff member register with us for our assistance. We offer a hassle-free service – no constant telephone calls, no persuasion to take a job you do not want. All we ask is that you acknowledge our emails, let us know when you are not interested in particular opportunities and keep appointments with firms.
We will keep you updated with new vacancies coming in, via email and text message, and also send you a monthly newsletter with details of all legal job vacancies registered during the month, legal careers advice and salary reviews. Let us take the strain of finding you work.
Why choose us?
1. We can find you a job with a firm matching your requirements, either through our contacts, or by sending your details (without any of your personal details or present firm) to those firms we know will be interested. We also have specialist websites for solicitors in Yorkshire, solicitors in the Home Counties, crime solicitors, commercial/corporate solicitors and our own legal jobs board covering international and national legal job vacancies.
2. We are solicitors ourselves, and recognise the need to be impartial with you when advising on seeking a new position. We do not push or harass you.
3. All information provided by you to us is highly confidential, and we do not identify you to any third parties, without your express permission.
4. You will note from our job descriptions on our vacancies page that we try to be brutally honest about jobs, salary levels and locations.
5. We offer specialist careers advice for solicitors, legal executives, paralegals and law students. Newly qualified solicitors can click here for specialist advice.
6. We donate 10% of our annual profits to charity. The commitment to donate a percentage is in our Articles of Association and our Terms & Conditions for Client Firms.
What Other Services Do you Offer?
1. Professional CV assistance including templates for lawyers and law students.
2. We have an interview page, giving advice on interviews and the top 100 interview questions asked during legal job interviews.
3. We have specialist websites for solicitors in Yorkshire, solicitors in the Home Counties, crime solicitors, corporate & commercial solicitors and property, litigation and private client solicitors nationwide. We also have a specialist locum service as well.
4. We assist law students and lawyers consider their careers, practice interviews, offer an employment market assessment report and provide useful links to other websites and legal resources.
What do you charge?
1. We charge you nothing at all for our legal recruitment services. It is illegal for a legal recruitment consultant or agent to charge a candidate for their services in the UK. The fee we charge employers depends on whether they are members of Ten-Percent Legal Recruitment or using us on a one-off basis. If the employer is a member of Ten-Percent, they will be paying us just £60 a month to recruit you and anyone else they seek.
2. Unconventional? You bet. Law firms join us as members, recruiting as many staff as they wish for a period of 5 years. They pay a small monthly fee which keeps us playing the occasional round of golf and driving round in very old battered cars. When we recruit for member law firms we can quite confidently state that we are the lowest charging legal recruitment agency in the UK, with fees of £0.
3. We donate 10% of our annual profits to charity. In 2002 we established a charitable trust called the Ten-Percent Foundation to donate to charities from in future years. So far we have donated over £80,000.
How does it work?
1. You register on-line or email your CV to us. We prefer to receive your CV by email if at all possible rather than post.
2. We check our jobs database, liaise with firms recruiting or looking out for potential candidates and provide them with a brief anonymous outline. We also send out updates to firms who are aware of our services.
3. Under no circumstances do we disclose to any third party personal details or identifying features of you or your present firm. We offer a confidential service and are registered under the Data Protection Act.
4. When we identify interested firms, we reveal the identity of the firm to you and ask your permission to send out a full CV.
5. You advise us if interested or not, and we either then arrange for the employer to contact you directly or arrange interviews for you at your convenience.
6. If you are offered the job and accept we play no further part. If you require assistance with salary or package negotiation we act on your behalf.
7. Our terms and conditions for law firms are publicly displayed on our website for firms and candidates to read.
Our Service: Confidential, Impartial and Ethical
1. We will not send your CV to employers without your express consent. We will advise you of all suitable legal jobs.
2. We will not pressurise you to attend interviews, take a particular job offer or continue using our services. We will offer you impartial, open and honest advice. Visit our feedback page for reviews of our service.
3. We will donate 10% of our profits to charity each year, so by using our services you will be assisting charities in the UK and overseas.
Click the link in the top right hand corner to register as a candidate and send us your CV. For further information about us – click here.